Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Spiritual Journey

I haven't posted in awhile, and I thought I should update.  I have not fallen off my journey, and I am not taking a break from coaching, but I feel like I have been "quieter" than usual.  Something I have been trying really hard to to this year is to stay focused on myself.  I am learning to cut out all the noise, and find my own center of peace.  I am going to touch upon a topic that I never really discuss on social media because it is very personal.  But I feel it is an important part of my journey, and that I should share, so you can better understand my journey.


 I am not a religious person.  Although I grew up in a home and with a family that are Christian, I do not consider myself a follower.  It isn't that I haven't "found God", or that I am a lost soul.  Honestly, I disagree with many of the mixed messages that religion teaches.  Yes, I celebrate Christmas, but I view is at a focus on family, friends, and to celebrate and appreciate those that are important in your life.  It is a chance to be thankful for what you have, and an opportunity to give to others and be selfless.  To me is is a way to make the world better.  I won't get into Easter, but I have a really hard time celebrating that as a holiday because it does not have the same significance as Christmas does to me.  Anyway, I  and not sharing this to start controversy, or to discuss my reasons for my beliefs, but because often times when folks find themselves on the sort of journey I have been following over the past year, they tend to find their inner spirit.  Many of my fellow coaching friends have turned toward their religion to help them reignite their passion and beliefs.  It helps them find a sense of purpose and calmness within their lives. For me, my spiritual journey is more of an internal journey.  I find that focusing inward on myself and my family gives me a sense of purpose.  I find my peace through meditation, reflection, and education.  THAT is what helps me to find my inner spirit.  I feel most calm when I am at one with nature - when I can breathe in fresh air and nourish my body with naturally healthy foods, and when I exercise to make my body feel good, and when I modify those exercise moves that I feel stress my body in the wrong way.  I am learning to listen to my body and to recognize what works well FOR ME.  I am making extra effort to really make quality time with my family, and to make them my priority above all else.  I am embracing my journey to seek out a true balance in my life that leaves me completely fulfilled and happy.  It is funny, it wasn't until this year, when I started to REALLY focus on myself, that I have come so close to finding myself feeling truly at peace with my life.  I truly love this peacefulness. 

I am trying to take you along on my journey as I find the best, and most healthy lifestyle for myself.  However, I am also finding that social media really adds stress to my life.  It seems to be even more difficult this year because it is a presidential election year.  I know what principles I believe in, and what issues are important to me.  I know the candidate that best represents me, and I know who will be getting my vote.  I believe in your right to your opinion, and your right to express your opinion.  However, posting your political opinions all over Facebook, is NOT going to change my beliefs.  It is NOT going to make a point that will override my opinion.  It just makes a statement about who you are and what you believe...and your desire to share it with the world.  You are entitled to do that.  Isn't it great that we live in a country where you can do that?  I'll be honest, I utilize that little "hide" option on Facebook ALL THE TIME!!  Just because your view is different than mine, does not mean you are a bad person.  It just means that different things help us find our own inner peace.  Personally, I don't want to be angry with the world, with our country, with our government, or with people in general.  I don't want to look to blame others for what is wrong in my own life.  I am an adult.  All of the problems I face were cause by decisions that I made, and not because of something that "happened" to me.  Yes, others have made my decisions, or outcomes of my decisions more difficult or complicated, but I MADE THE DECISION to begin with.  On the same note, all of the good things in my life are also a result of a decision that I made.  Sometimes I get it right, and sometimes I get it wrong.  Either way, I am glad to be able to guide my own future.  

One of the biggest decisions that I have made this year is to try to spend less time on Facebook.  I don't like scrolling through my news feed and reading so many opinions of things that people have no control over.  You have every right to form an opinion.  I have every right to ignore your opinion.  However, it is hard to scroll past things you see on Facebook...and I can't "unread" things.  Even though I use that wonderful little "hide" option, I still get tired of all of the drama.  My journey is telling me that I need to avoid that drama in order to find my inner peace.  I am not leaving behind social media.  I am just making sure that it is not working against my goals.  I am committed to helping others to reach their fitness goals, and I do most of my work through Facebook.  However, you may find that connection with me through social media might be a little less frequent (except in my Facebook support groups).  

Thank you to everyone that takes the time to follow my journey.  I hope that in some small way, my journey is helping you to find your own path to health and happiness.  ❤️❤️❤️❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment