Wednesday, January 20, 2016

**I'm NOT a product of my scale**

I'm in week 3 of my Hammer and Chisel program, and I've been feeling a little bummed.  After a really rough 2015 with my health and my weight, I was ready to take control of everything again.   I had some awesome progress on the scale during week 1 of the program, and I was psyched to see the progress continue.  I've been faithfully following the meal plan (I may be tweaking it a wee bit, but I also believe in the 80/20 rule), doing the workouts daily (giving them my all because I WANT results), and using the Beachbody Performance line (I've heard that it really enhances results...plus I love the lack of muscle soreness I have because if it).  BUT, this week the scale hasn't really moved AND I have been feeling "fluffy".  

Sound familiar?   I'll bet that at least 50% of the folks reading this have felt the same way after just a few week into a new diet/fitness routine.  You probably even thought about giving up.  I know that thought has certainly crossed my mind.  

It is such a mental game to keep at it and TRUST the process.  

The truth is that a healthy diet/fitness regimen is designed to CHANGE YOUR BODY.  Your body's progress is not reflected by the number on the scale!!!!  Did you read that?  YOUR BODY'S PROGRESS IS NOT REFLECTED BY THE NUMBER ON THE SCALE!   It's true!!!  So what if the scale says a certain number?  Maybe the earth had a small surge in its gravitational pull and the scale went up because of that ๐Ÿ˜‰.  The reality is that if you are losing inches, if your clothes fit better, if you have more energy, OR if you JUST FEEL BETTER, then you HAVE MADE PROGRESS.  

So dispute my lack of progress on the scale, I am still losing inches in my waist and hips.  I may have gained some inches in my arms ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ, but that's ok ๐Ÿ˜‰.  I am really enjoying the workouts AND doing the program with my husband.  I am embracing the meal plan because I REALLY need the focus to fight my EBV and keep in in control. I am NOT hungry with this meal plan.  I definitely have MORE energy.  The truth is that I just FEEL GOOD.

I'm determined to make 2016 my healthiest year ever.  I will continue exercising, eating right and drinking my Shakeology (29/366 days for 2016...#healthiestmealoftheday), and I WILL see progress.  Who really cares about the scale anyway? Deep down, we all just want to feel good about ourselves, and have the confidence to just be us!


No comments:

Post a Comment