Thursday, July 30, 2015

It's a rollercoaster of a ride

Confession:  My eating habits have been WAY OFF for the better part of the last 3 weeks!  I was in Nashville, TN for Coach Summit, July 15-19.  I had my Shakeology EVERY DAY.  However, we did lots of meals at restaurants, and I did splurge...a little.  Overall, I made healthier choices.  I participated in large group workouts, and I walked about 8 or so miles each day! 






I arrived back home on the evening of the 19th....just in time to close on our house, the morning of the 20th.  We spent all of last week moving.  Yes, we did most of it ourselves.  We hired movers for the heavy furniture, but the bulk of the moving (of the possessions of a family of 6) was done by myself and my hubby.  Our kids were a big help!  I am pretty impressed by my 11 and 13 year old, and their willingness to step up and carry stuff...even the heavy stuff.  Our parents also offered quite a bit of help, although, we tried very hard NOT to let them lift the heavy stuff.  Apparently, I have impressed my father in law, with my ability to carry heavy things.  Thank you Body Beast and 21 Day Fix Extreme, for the muscle training ;).  Needless to say, I was getting in tons of exercise with this move.  According to my Fitbit, I was getting in 15000-20000 steps a day.   As you may have guessed, we did a lot of fast food runs for meals.  I have had my fair share of pizza, tacos, fried chicken, and cheeseburgers this past week and a half.  I did opt for a few salads along the way, but honestly, when you are moving that much stuff, you NEED the calories from something other than veggies.  The good news is that I have finally unpacked my kitchen.  I can now start cooking again!!!  I have a 3 Day Refresh sitting on my counter, just waiting to be opened, to help me get back on track.  My plan if to jump on that, starting August 12 - we have some other things planned that will not allow a refresh to work well with my schedule before then.  I will keep you posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment