Friday, October 23, 2015

Taking the bull by the horns



One of the most frustrating things about being on a fitness journey is when you body chooses NOT to cooperate with your goals.  You are doing most of the right things, and yet, you are not seeing progress.  Worse yet, your goals seem to be getting further away as you progress.  That is where I am.  I am exercising 30 minutes a day, and following my Insanity Max:30 workout schedule. 

I am watching what I eat, and keeping a close eye on portion sizes.  I am drinking my Shakeology daily. 



But I am still feeling "puffy".  I even pulled my Spanx out today, so that I could slip my jeans on, and they wouldn't feel overly uncomfortable.  Yeah, I am a fitness coach, and I own Spanx. 

I would say, 'Don't tell anyone", but seriously, I just posted it on the internet ;).  Sometimes, you just need to smooth everything out, so that your clothes fit comfortably.  Today is one of those days. 

  Here's the deal.  I am losing inches in my legs and my arms.  My face thinning out.  My chest and shoulders are slimming and sculpting.  However, my belly is still not slimming AT ALL.  In fact, it actually feels like it is getting bigger.  In my last post, I talked about my theory of Fat Migration.  While I am sure there is some of that going on, I am becoming skeptical that it is the root of the problem.  I have a sneaking suspicion that not only is my EBV really flaring up.  Often times people that suffer from EBV will develop other autoimmune diseases.  Knowing this, I believe my best bet is to fight back through my diet.  It is time to buckle down and stay strict on my eating plan.  That means NO gluten, No corn, No soy, and very little dairy.  It is also time to boost my vitamin C supplements.  Don't worry, I am smart enough to know that if I am being strict about my eating, and I still continue to have problems, I need to schedule an appointment with my doctor.  I am hoping that this will help.  After all, I became really relaxed about my eating over the summer.  I won't know if that is the issue until I really set my mind to sticking with my plan.  I give myself 2 weeks to start seeing some improvement (or if things really get worse), before I call my doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment