Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Ultimate Reset - Week 3...and results

I am sorry for the delay in sharing my Ultimate Reset week 3 experience, and final results.  As many of you know, it is nearing the end of the school year, and things are CRAZY in our house!!  Nevertheless, I am here now, sharing with you :).

OK, so week 3 was a little harder that weeks 1 and 2.  During week 3, in addition to the vegan eating plan, I removed grains from my diet.  My daily breakfast consisted of a plate of fresh fruit...I didn't take daily pics of my breakfast.  Lunch was usually a salad, sometimes accompanied with soup.  Dinner varied from roasted veggies, to soup, to stir fried veggies.  This last week was the ONLY week, I really found myself having cravings.  They were not big cravings (I wasn't feeling deprived), but just missing some foods.  I REALLY started to miss my coffee.  Victories for the week - I took my son and his friends out to dinner at Steak 'N Shake and a movie, to celebrate his birthday...and I DID NOT EAT A THING!  I had my Shakeology before we went to dinner, and had all of my dinner food prepped and ready to go for when I got back home.  Then on my LAST day, we were invited to a friend's house for dinner.  I brought my own food with me!  My friends are super understanding about my commitment to my health and completing the reset.  They were not at offended.



Ultimate Reset RESULTS:  I am down a total of 10.4 pounds, 3.5 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my hips, 2 inches off my chest, and 3 inches off each of my thighs!  My before and after pics do not show a huge change to me, because my brain focuses on my problem areas, and I don't SEE a lot of change there.  HOWEVER, you can definitely see the difference in my face.  I feel great.  I have lots of energy, and I am sleeping well, and waking very well rested.  

What I have learned after completing the reset....  

  • I can do ANYTHING for 3 weeks.
  • There are more ways to eat vegetables than steaming them and having as a side dish
  • I don't NEED meat (although I do enjoy it, and have no plans to give it up)
  • I am not eating enough healthy fats in my diet
  • My food digests better when I do not drink water (or any other beverage) within 15 minutes BEFORE and 30 minutes AFTER eating.  Seriously, this was a HUGE thing.  When you drink during a meal, it dilutes the stomach acids, which hinders your body's ability to digest food properly.  Give it a try, and you will notice a big difference.
  • I need more meditation and calmness in my life.  I really have this need to just be one with nature. 
  • I have a true appreciation of how my environment affects my health.
  • I LOVE baked sweet potatoes.  
  • I LOVE beets.
  • coffee is an important part of my life.
  • I miss my workouts.  I am ready to start lifting again.  
  • My family needs to eat more of these veggie dishes
What now?   So coming out of the reset, I am taking my time.  I do not want to undo all of my hard work.  I also want to avoid the inflammation of unfamiliar foods in my diet (specifically with foods that I typically eat, but have taken out of my diet for the past 3 weeks).  I am slowly reintroducing foods back into my diet.  This week, my goal is to increase my calories, and add grains and legumes back into my plan.  Next week, I will be adding in meat.  I am going to continue to avoid dairy, and processed carbs, and I plan to keep the sweets and treat low.  I will also continue drinking my Shakeology.  Once I am back up to eating enough calories to sustain my workouts, I am going to do another round of Hammer and Chisel.  Now that my body is prepped and ready to go,  I am ready to build muscle and sculpt my body. 













No comments:

Post a Comment