OK, so week 3 was a little harder that weeks 1 and 2. During week 3, in addition to the vegan eating plan, I removed grains from my diet. My daily breakfast consisted of a plate of fresh fruit...I didn't take daily pics of my breakfast. Lunch was usually a salad, sometimes accompanied with soup. Dinner varied from roasted veggies, to soup, to stir fried veggies. This last week was the ONLY week, I really found myself having cravings. They were not big cravings (I wasn't feeling deprived), but just missing some foods. I REALLY started to miss my coffee. Victories for the week - I took my son and his friends out to dinner at Steak 'N Shake and a movie, to celebrate his birthday...and I DID NOT EAT A THING! I had my Shakeology before we went to dinner, and had all of my dinner food prepped and ready to go for when I got back home. Then on my LAST day, we were invited to a friend's house for dinner. I brought my own food with me! My friends are super understanding about my commitment to my health and completing the reset. They were not at offended.
Ultimate Reset RESULTS: I am down a total of 10.4 pounds, 3.5 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my hips, 2 inches off my chest, and 3 inches off each of my thighs! My before and after pics do not show a huge change to me, because my brain focuses on my problem areas, and I don't SEE a lot of change there. HOWEVER, you can definitely see the difference in my face. I feel great. I have lots of energy, and I am sleeping well, and waking very well rested.
What I have learned after completing the reset....
- I can do ANYTHING for 3 weeks.
- There are more ways to eat vegetables than steaming them and having as a side dish
- I don't NEED meat (although I do enjoy it, and have no plans to give it up)
- I am not eating enough healthy fats in my diet
- My food digests better when I do not drink water (or any other beverage) within 15 minutes BEFORE and 30 minutes AFTER eating. Seriously, this was a HUGE thing. When you drink during a meal, it dilutes the stomach acids, which hinders your body's ability to digest food properly. Give it a try, and you will notice a big difference.
- I need more meditation and calmness in my life. I really have this need to just be one with nature.
- I have a true appreciation of how my environment affects my health.
- I LOVE baked sweet potatoes.
- I LOVE beets.
- coffee is an important part of my life.
- I miss my workouts. I am ready to start lifting again.
- My family needs to eat more of these veggie dishes
What now? So coming out of the reset, I am taking my time. I do not want to undo all of my hard work. I also want to avoid the inflammation of unfamiliar foods in my diet (specifically with foods that I typically eat, but have taken out of my diet for the past 3 weeks). I am slowly reintroducing foods back into my diet. This week, my goal is to increase my calories, and add grains and legumes back into my plan. Next week, I will be adding in meat. I am going to continue to avoid dairy, and processed carbs, and I plan to keep the sweets and treat low. I will also continue drinking my Shakeology. Once I am back up to eating enough calories to sustain my workouts, I am going to do another round of Hammer and Chisel. Now that my body is prepped and ready to go, I am ready to build muscle and sculpt my body.