Thursday, May 28, 2015

Travel and plans

This past weekend, we traveled to a big family gathering for my Husband's family.  It was a lot of fun getting to visit with relatives we don't often see, and get our baby fix on with the newer members of our large clan. 


When I posted last, I talked about how I was getting back on track with my exercise.  Well, that was the plan, but last week turned out to be SO BUSY, that I didn't really fit in too many workouts.  I think I squeezed in a PiYO workout in on one evening.  Between my youngest graduating from preschool, my oldest son's birthday, cleaning for a house showing, and prepping and packing for my family of 6 to go out of town, I was swamped with stuff going on.  I was definitely getting in exercise with all of my moving around, but nothing formal. 

The good news is that I have been MOSTLY sticking with my high protein, low carb eating plan.  I say mostly because I have been skipping ALL bread and pasta for the past month!  HOWEVER, I have been enjoying some desserts here and there...and perhaps a few too many over the holiday weekend.  I can really tell my energy levels are down when I add the processed carbs and sugar into my diet.  I tell you, my P90X protein bars have been a saving grace for my sweet tooth.  My doctor suggested that I add protein bars into my diet to get the extra protein in.  I am so glad that I did because I can get my chocolate fix in too!!  I also make sure that I get in plenty of water daily.  As a general rule, you should aim for 1/2 you body weight in oz of water each day.  I have a 36oz water bottle that I carry around all day.  I always have a goal of filling and drinking it at least 3x daily.  I am almost certain to fit in at least 2x, but I always aim high. I also took my Shakeology with me, and had that for breakfast instead of joining in with the more high carb breakfasts that were available.  Over the weekend, I managed to drink about 1 gallon of water daily.  YES, I was hydrated.  Over all, I felt pretty good about my travel and ability to still follow my eating plan.  I am a little bummed that I let my workouts slide, but I am back on track with my Body Beast, and some walking for some light cardio. 

I had another follow up appointment on Tuesday, in regards to my EBV.  I told my doc that I was feeling much better.  I still have my low energy days, but they are becoming fewer and farther between...or after I have a bunch of processed carbs.  I am taking my concoction of supplements that are good for fighting an active EBV infection, and they are really helping too.  My doc told me that it sounded like I was getting it all under control, and to continue doing what I am doing, and call if things get worse.  The truth is that now that I know what I am dealing with, I feel like I can start making some real progress on my fitness goals, and drop the weight that gained because of my slow metabolism from the EBV.  I have already lost 3 pounds since starting with my eating plan.  I am hoping that the scale will start making progress faster as I add back in some exercise.  The truth is that I don't really care what the scale says as long as I FEEL better, and my clothes are fitting like they are supposed to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment