Thursday, April 30, 2015

3 Day Refresh results

Can I just say WOW?!?!?  I have to tell you, this is by far the BEST 3 Day Refresh that I have ever done!  Not only did I have some amazing results, but I can really tell that I NEEDED the detox.

First, I know you are all anxious to know how much weight I lost.  So here ya go...8.5 pounds!!!!  8.5 pounds in 3 days is CRAZY, right?  The truth is that MUCH of that weight was water weight.  AND, I had eaten some foods over the weekend that encourage water retention.  I was actually up 4 pounds on Monday morning.  Well, the refresh helped me lose ALL of that extra, PLUS 4.5 extra pounds.   keep reading.....

http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/3DayRefresh?referringRepId=263743

As you know, I don't really judge my progress by the number on the scale.  In fact, I avoid letting the scale dictate how I FEEL.  Do I step on the scale?  Why, of course.  If you have been following me since January, you know that I have some health issues a brewing that have caused me to gain weight recently, that I just can't seem to lose!  In fact, I have only dropped about 6 pounds since January 1.  Here's the thing...when I step on the scale, I am looking for a number range, not a certain number.  I know that my weight can make a 5-7 pound shift in water weight easily in a day.  That is just reality.  If I am in my range, then I am happy.  If you are one to step on the scale every day , and get upset because you are "gaining" weight and you are doing every thing right to lose, then I can tell you that you are stepping on the scale far too often!   I am EXTREMELY mindful of the time of day that I step on the scale too.  Early to mid morning, I am always at my lightest, and my slimmest (gravity pulls at my belly pouch all day, which makes me feel "bigger" by the end of the day).  I am always my heaviest at Bedtime - and I usually ignore that number altogether, if I step on the scale in the evening.  You have to be really in tune with YOUR body to learn to trust the scale. 

OK, I am stepping OFF the scale now to talk about the rest of my refresh results.  I have to tell you, I wasn't really looking to lose any weight on the 3 Day Refresh.  It's hard to explain, but I just felt yucky, and no matter how well I was eating, I just couldn't shake that feeling that my body needed to detox.  I am so glad that I invested in a 3 Day Refresh to help detox.  You know that feeling you get when you are turning the corner after an illness, and you are finally starting to feel like yourself again?  Well, that is what the refresh did for me this time around.  I NEEDED to detox my liver, so that it could function better.  I have been doing a lot of research on hormone imbalances, and thyroid issues lately because I strongly feel that something of this nature is going on with my body.  FYI - I meet with my doc on Monday to get my test results from last week :).  Anyway, I have run into a lot of information on the necessity of a regular detox of the liver.  Your detox can be anywhere from 3-21 days, and it should focus around STRICT vegan clean eating or juicing.  I chose the 3 Day Refresh because I didn't have to plan anything because it is all planned out for you.  You just follow directions.  Back to my point....If you read my last post, you will see that after 1 day on the refresh, I was just FEELING better.  It is true.  It is hard to describe, but I just had this feeling of being "cleaner".  I felt like my digestive system was getting a much needed break and that it was feeling renewed.  I know it sounds silly, but I told you it was hard to describe.  Today (day 4), i feel AMAZING.  I feel renewed, and refreshed.  My body feels a little lighter, and I feel like I have a renewed sense of needing to fuel my body properly.  I really don't want to lose this feeling.  As an added bonus, I have been sleeping FANTASTICALLY!  I had gotten into a habit of a very unrestful sleep cycle.  However, the past 3 nights, I feel like I was getting quality sleep, and I was waking up truly refreshed and ready to start the day. 

So now what?  I don't want to lose this feeling.  I really do feel great!  I have done 5-6 3 Day Refreshes in the past, and I have always jumped right back into another eating plan, or back to my regular clean eating plan.  This time is different.  I am slowly integrating foods back into my diet, and I am going to be taking notes on foods that I believe do not jive well with my system.  I am on the lookout for food intolerances, and I am going to figure out once and for all what my biggest triggers are.  I have a pretty good idea, but I want to get a good confirmation on those.  So, for the next few days, I will be eating very similarly to the 3 day refresh plan, and sticking to a very CLEAN eating plan.  I will keep you posted ;). 

No comments:

Post a Comment