Monday, April 13, 2015

Bad Day

We all have them.  They take us by surprise and beat us down.  Today was one of those days for me.  The day was already going to be busy, with little time in between for any "extra" stuff.  If I haven't mentioned it on here before, I home school my older 3 kiddos.  My youngest is in preschool (mama needs him out of the house ;) ).  The home school program that we use requires us to participate in the state standardized tests.  They set up testing locations, and us parents have to transport the kids to and from the tests.  Well, unfortunately for me, the testing location that we are always assigned to, is clear across town from my youngest son's preschool.  I had to have each child at their locations, and pick them up within 30 minutes of each other today.  PLUS, we only have one car, so I had to manage to get my husband to and from appointments throughout the day.  Between that and a little stressor that set me off this morning (no need to get into it on here), I had a bad day.  No workout (which I probably REALLY needed to de-stress), and I let myself succumb to emotional eating....including the big bowl of Death by Chocolate ice cream that I had....that I specifically went to the store to buy late this evening....so I COULD stress eat.

Why and I sharing this story...or what seems to be a whiny rambling?  Well, I want you to know that I am normal.  JUST like you, I have good days and bad days.  JUST like you, I have choices to make.  JUST like you, I sometimes make the wrong choices.  Here's the thing.  I let today get to me.  I let it get me down.  I let it take over my better judgement.  But, I KNOW that tomorrow is a NEW day.  The slate will be clean.  New choices will be made, and what happened today DOES NOT MATTER.  Don't be afraid to fail every once in awhile.  Failure is what keeps us moving toward new goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment