Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Visit to the Doc

I am one of those people that is generally healthy.  I don't like going to the doctor.  I like feeling in control of my own health, and I have struggled to find a doctor that is on the same wavelength, and not "telling" me about my health.  In the past, because of higher insurance co-pays for doctor visits, I have only gone to the doctor when I get REALLY sick, or when a pesky problem doesn't go away....because I really didn't want to spend the money.  The only exception is my OB/GYN - 4 babies over 10 years kept me going there regularly :).   Not that any of that really matters, I am just trying to establish that I haven't been to the doc in a long while. 

ANYWAY, if you have been following my personal fitness journey this year, you already know that I have been struggling.  I have gained weight that I can't seem to get to budge, regardless of my diet or exercise.   I find that I am feeling really run down a lot more often that not.  I've been moody a lot more lately, and in the past 2 months, I have had problems with acne.  I know, crazy at 37 to have issues with acne.  I haven't had those sorts of problems since right after I had my youngest son.  Sounds a lot like a hormone imbalance here!!!!  So, I put on my big girl panties and made an appointment with the doctor.  Glad I did.  The doc decided to run a Complete Metabolic Panel, TSH test (checking my thyroid), and an EBV test (checking for mono).  I was told it would take a few days to get the results, so not I hurry up and wait.  I will be sure to post with what I find out.  I know I am looking forward to getting some answers about whether my issues can be diagnosed so that I can make changes that will lead to some better progress toward my goals. 

Why do I NEED to do all of this?  Why is it important that I keep working toward my goals, even against the obstacles that keep getting in my way?

THIS is why
I need to be at my best, so I can be at their best!

No comments:

Post a Comment