Thursday, June 18, 2015

2 weeks down, one to go

Can I just start off by saying I REALLY MISS CHEESE!!!!  I have been gluten/dairy/corn/soy for 15 days now.  I am doing great sticking to my plan, but I have been CRAVING cheese.  I have also been wanting popcorn.  Other than that, I don't feel like I am missing out on much.  I don't eat a lot of cheese, but not being able to have an occasional slice of pizza, or add some cheese to my taco salad is driving me crazy.  Less than one week to go.

2015 has been a really tough year for me health wise.  A year ago, I was in the best physical shape I have been in since high school - I was a gymnast and swimmer back then, and stayed VERY fit.  I was back into a healthy BMI range, and well on my way to reaching a goal weight that I never considered would be possible for me to reach again in my adult life.  I actually weighed less than I did when I got married.  I was happy, confident, and very active with my fitness.  You can read my full transformation story HERE.  Then EBV happened.  For months, I had no idea why I had no energy, and why I was gaining weight so quickly.  After getting my EBV diagnosis in April, I have been taking a step back and REALLY listening to my body and trusting that by listening to it's cues, I will get better.  It's funny, at the beginning of the year, I was working out so hard, and really watching what I ate, and still NOT making any real progress toward my weight loss.  The past few weeks, I have hardly been exercising (some walking and exercise from packing for our move), but I have been really honing in on how my body reacts to food.  I am not cutting out the sugar, and I am not making ONLY healthy eating choices.  I have not started to add gluten, dairy, corn, or soy back into my diet yet, but because of the way my body is responding WITHOUT those things, I KNOW that I have a sensitivity to at least one of those things.  It took a lot of courage for me to give up those things for several weeks.  I have actually been considering the idea for MONTHS, but I just couldn't talk myself into it.  The truth is that I was scared to give up my favorites, and that I wouldn't be able to eat anything besides veggies and fruit. I am so glad that I did give this allergy elimination diet a try.  Now I can pinpoint where I have issues, and avoid those foods.  I have also found that my energy is definitely almost back to normal.  My body is not battling my food sensitivities, so it has time to focus on keeping my EBV at bay.  I feel great!  I am losing weight WITHOUT even trying, and I am feeling confident about myself again.  It is all because I needed to give my body a chance to heal.   

P.S. Please do me a favor and leave a comment below if you read this post.  Even if the comment is just a smiley face.  I am just curious about how many people are following my story.  Thank you <3!!




No comments:

Post a Comment