Friday, June 12, 2015

Progress update - JUNE

I haven't done a progress update in awhile.  Between dealing with the EBV and trying to regain my energy and health back, finishing up our home school year, and getting ready to move this summer, I just haven't been working out like I should.  When I don't workout, I don't feel like I have "progress" to share.  I suppose I should clarify, I haven't been doing my workout programs - I'm missing my Body Beast and ChaLean Extreme, but they really deplete my energy.  I HAVE been walking 2 miles a day, almost everyday.  So, my exercise is just much lower impact.  I am trying to build my stamina back up.  I do try to fit in at least one Body Beast, ChaLean Extreme or PiYo workout each week to get in some strength training. 



On the upside, I HAVE been focusing on my eating.  I am in week 2 of my allergy elimination diet. I have NOT been cutting out the sweets, but I have not had gluten/dairy/corn/soy for 10 days now, and my scale dropped 3 pounds.  I am down 3 inches in the chest and waist.  I am dropping all the belly bloat (or more likely intestinal swelling), and I am sleeping like a dream!  Another 11 days to go, and then I can start "testing" my tolerance for gluten, dairy, soy and corn.  Even though I am supposed to add the items back in one GROUP at a time, I am planning on separating that even further to pinpoint if all foods in that category are triggers, of just certain forms.  For example, is anything with corn a trigger, or just actual corn kernels?  Maybe cornstarch or corn syrup are NOT triggers.  Don't worry, I will keep posting about it all.  Please feel free to contact me, if you are interested in testing yourself for food allergies.  I would be happy to share my knowledge :).

No comments:

Post a Comment