Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Cheese...FINALLY

I finally completed my 3 weeks of being gluten free, dairy free, soy free and corn free.  Overall, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  You do really notice those few foods that ARE important in your life.  For me, it was cheese.  Not that I eat much cheese, but I really missed not having it sprinkled on my taco salad.  Now that I have abstained from gluten, dairy, soy and corn for 3 weeks, I get to slowly add those things back into my diet, one thing at a time.  For the next 2 days, I am adding dairy back in to my eating plan.  I am going to take careful notes of how I feel.  Do I notice bloating, digestive cramping, constipation, headaches, nasal congestion (more than usual...I have terrible seasonal allergies), or any other unusual symptoms.  Then I will not have any dairy on day 3.  If I have no symptoms, I will continue on to another food, repeating the same 2 days on, 1 day off process.  If I have any unusual symptoms from adding dairy back into my diet, I will have to wait until those symptoms subside before I start the next potential allergen test. 

I have carefully selected the dairy items that I get to add back in.  I had to be careful to avoid soy, gluten, and corn IN those items.  On a side note...Do you have any idea how much these things are added into MANY of the foods out there?!?!?  This is why I always promote clean eating.  Most American foods are just so processed that you can't find too many items that are 'natural'.  It is kind of depressing.  As I was double checking my food labels, I noticed that my shredded taco cheese has cornstarch in it.  That's is out for now :(.  Since I don't drink cow's milk, I had to find some dairy items that fit my criteria.  I decided to go with Plain greek yogurt, hot pepper cheese (got to have my cheese), and  Natural Bliss coffee creamer.   If you LOVE coffee creamer, but want to avoid all the junk in typical creamer, then give this stuff a try.  It is simply cream and sugar!  I am picky about my coffee creamers (I just can't do straight up almond milk), but THIS, I like.  Over the past few weeks, I have been using So Delicious coconut milk coffee creamer, and it is also outstanding (a little out of my typical budget though).



**I haven't taken my measurements this week, but I have dropped a total of 7 pounds over the past 3 weeks.  I have also noticed a huge increase in energy, and I am sleeping better. I am hopeful that this allergy elimination will be the answer to some of my biggest weight loss obstacles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment