Monday, February 9, 2015

And so it begins....

Today was day 1 of my 21 Day Fix Extreme program.  The meal plan was a piece of cake.  It is nearly the same as the original 21 Day Fix program, only with fewer choices in some of the food groups.  Needless to say, it was easy to jump right in and follow.  Let me tell you, this program is NOT a diet.  There is just too much food allotted each day to keep you from getting hungry.  Here is a pic of my lunch today (2 greens, 1 red, 1/2 purple and 1 orange).

YUM!!!!

So what really makes this program EXTREME?  Well, 2 things.  The first, is there is a countdown to competition eating plan.  It is VERY rigorous, with way fewer food options.  Still a lot of food, just fewer options.  The second thing that makes this program EXTREME, is the intensity of the workouts.  If today was ANY indication, I am in for some serious sweating and hard core results from the workouts over the next 3 weeks!!  Today was Plyo Fix Extreme, and it was TOUGH!!  I modified 90% of the program - mostly because Plyo involves a lot of jumping, and my ankles don't tolerate that so well.  Still, I was working hard.  In fact, I REALLY, REALLY, wanted to stop and rest, but I kept pushing through.  My legs felt like jello afterwards, and going up and down stairs has been a challenge all day.  lol!



No comments:

Post a Comment