Thursday, February 12, 2015

Fix Extreme update


I am 4 days into the 21 Day Fix Extreme, and all I can say is HOLY WOW!!!  This program is incredible!!  The workouts are for sure a challenge.  In fact, I am still sore from Monday's Plyo Fix Extreme (stairs have NOT been my friend this week).  Today was Lower Fix Extreme, and I thought I was going to die...I was in tears by the end of the workout.  I think it is mostly because my quads were still on fire from Monday.  I have decided that my ankle is not very appreciative of jumping either, so I have to modify the Plyo moves so that I am not jumping much...I am still getting some serious burn in my quads!  Here's a quick rundown of the Extreme workout schedule so far:

Plyo Fix Extreme - lots of jumping in different positions.  30 minutes of REALLY working those leg muscles.  Oh, and we were using weights too - yeah, that makes it a tad more difficult. I was sweaty, out of breath the whole time , and my legs were on fire.

Upper Fix Extreme - I LOVE this workout!!!!  I am a huge fan of arm and shoulder workouts, and this is the BOMB!  What is interesting about this workout is that almost every move starts with 30 seconds of reps with a heavy weight, and then you switch out to a lighter weight for the second 30 seconds.  I believe this is called a drop set. 

Pilates Fix Extreme - Core workouts are also near the top of my favorites list, and Pilates is one of my favorite styles.  Pilates Fix Extreme utilized a resistance band for the WHOLE workout!!  I had to put my shoes on for this workout (I prefer to do my workouts in bare feet) because of the way the band wraps around my feet.  Aside from getting tangled a bit is maneuvering around with a resistance band, I thought the band actually made the Pilates workout a bit easier...well, for certain moves anyway.  I am looking forward to doing this one again!!

Lower Fix Extreme - OK, so this is the workout that had me in tears.  My quads were still REALLY sore from Monday, and Autumn made us do some Plyo moves.  I think it is fair to say that I am not a fan of Plyo.  The good news is that most of the moves were not Plyo moves.  Of course, you do use your weights.  On the plus side, because I was working the legs again, my legs are now LESS sore than they have been all week.  The exercises definitely helped.

I will share an update of the remainder of the workout on Sunday or Monday.

The food plan is going well too.  I honestly am having trouble eating all of the food I am required to for this program.  Believe it or not, I am staying within a 1500-1800 calorie range, but it is all clean eating.   A good mix of fruits, veggies, lean proteins, healthy fats, complex carbs, and nuts/seeds and healthy oils.  I spread my food out through the day, but generally I have Breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, early snack (usually Shakeology, post workout), late snack, dinner, and evening snack.  I am drinking lots of water throughout the day, and I also enjoy my morning coffee, and nice herbal tea before bed (neither are required, but they are allowed).  Just to give you an idea of some of my meals, here are just a few things that I have been eating this week. 
Salad with romaine lettuce, spinach, green peppers, tomatoes, steak and balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Salad with romaine lettuce, spinach, blueberries, sliced hard boiled eggs, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Taco salad - romaine lettuce, ground turkey with taco seasonings, onion, tomato, salsa, shredded cheese, and a small sprinkling of crushed up tortilla chips.  Fat free refried beans with cheese ans salsa.

Cream of rice cereal with 1 tsp coconut oil and cinnamon, blueberries, strawberries and a hard boiled egg


Baked sweet potato topped with coconut oil and sweet and spicy tuna.  Asparagus and mushrooms, sauteed in coconut oil

Toasted pumpkin seeds

Baked chicken with my own homemade spicy mustard dipping sauce, brown rice with a little cayenne pepper and oregano for flavor, baked butternut squash, onion and apples, and sliced strawberries.  


If you want to know more about the 21 Day Fix Extreme (or the original program), fill out the contact me form on the right, and I will follow up with more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment