Wednesday, January 7, 2015

#LegDay #21DayFix

For the past 2 days my quads and hamstrings have been really sore.  Today, they were FINALLY starting to feel better.  Then along came Upper Fix.  On the one hand, it is really cool that the 21 Day Fix program is set up in such a way that your body has a chance to adjust before reworking the same muscle groups (yesterday was Upper Fix...a nice rest for my legs).  However, you don't get a chance to fully recover before starting to work the muscles again.  I am still modifying today.  I actually decided to slow my reps down so that I would also get a good stretch out of each movement.  Just that little step has dramatically helped with the excess soreness.  Don't let my little rant about soreness fool you.  ANYTIME you begin a new workout program, you are often using muscles that you have not used in awhile (or at least not used in the same way).  Most folks will be sore during the first week of ANY workout program.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I haven't been on a good workout routine since November.  Heck yeah, I am gonna be sore as I jump back into a new routine.  BUT, it is a GOOD sore feeling.  Next week, I will not be as sore, and I can really push myself - hopefully no modifications.

How's the eating plan going?  Not too shabby.  I have had a few curve balls thrown at me this week, but I am trying to roll with it.  I have had to "modify" a few containers to make them fit with food choices that are not really on the list, but I am about 80% on track, so that is good.  The truth is, I have four kids.  I home school the older 3, and my youngest goes to preschool.  We have one family car, so I often have to adjust my schedule to take my husband to work when I need the car during the day.  I also work from home as a fitness coach - helping people find their path to a healthier lifestyle.  Then, to top it all off, we are trying to sell our house.  Which means the house must be immaculate, and show ready at ANY time.  Did I mention that I have 4 kids, and 3 of them are home ALL DAY?   Trust me, I KNOW WHAT BUSY IS!  There are MANY days when I want to throw in the towel.  That is when I am so thankful for my coach, Jen, and all of my fitness support/challenge groups and participants.  That extra support REALLY does help you stay on track. 

If you don't have a support team on your side, I would be happy to coach you!  If you are on Facebook, you can join one of my support/challenge groups too!  Did I mention, my coaching is FREE?  Go ahead, message me (check the right side of this page), and let's talk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment