Friday, January 2, 2015

Resolutions

I decided to do something different this year in order to stick to my own fitness goals.  I am going to be blogging my journey for 2015.  I may not write every day, but I will be committing to checking in with my struggles and successes.

2014 was an interesting year for my fitness.  I started off with high hopes, and some great plans.  I spent January trying to find my exercise routine again after getting off track during the holidays.  I n February, I did the Beachbody Ultimate Reset, which was AMAZING!  I dropped my holiday bloat, and made it to 148 lbs - a weight I haven't been at since college!!  Shortly after that I started to have health issues that seemed to jump at me at every turn.  I started having huge issues with bloating, an twisted ankle, and a lot of extra stress.  I spent the better part of 2014, just fighting to maintain a regular weight.  Still, I kept slowly gaining.  My weight creeped up to 160-165lbs by December.  I did great maintaining through the month of December...until Christmas.  Between Christmas and New Years, my weight skyrocketed to 174!  YIKES!!!  The good news is that I know MUCH of those extra pounds are water weight and pretty easy to drop.  The bad news is that my eating has not been overly bad this past year, and my exercise is fairly consistent.  I honestly believe there is an underlying medical issue behind my weight gain in 2014.  Hypothyroidism runs in my family, and even though I have tested negative in the past, I think it is finally starting to become an issue for me.  I am taking control of my health this year, and I will be seeing a doctor and addressing my concerns.

I have so much more that I could write, but I am going to hold off.  Right now, I am just going to share with you my 2015 Fitness resolutions.


No comments:

Post a Comment