Thursday, January 15, 2015

Plank you Thursday

What the heck is Plank you Thursday?  I am so glad you asked!!!  Plank you Thursday is a weekly challenge created by my coaching friend, Tiffany.  Every Thursday, she challenges everyone to plank for 1 minute at the top of every hour, from the time you wake up, until the time you go to bed.  Assume you get up at 8am and go to bed at 11pm, you have just fit in 16 minutes of planking!  Wow, talk about a workout!  Planks are a great full body workout!  Since I am doing a 30 day plank challenge this month, I took Tiffany up on her planking challenge today.  It feels great to be fitting in that little minute of exercise each hour!  I prefer elbow planks because they are less stressful on my wrists, but high planks are perfectly acceptable too.



Come on, Plank WITH me!!  Leave a comment below and let me know how long you help your plank. 

Is standard planking too easy?  Challenge your plank!

Start with a basic elbow (or low plank). The rock forward to the tips of your toes, and then back to plank. Repeat for 60 seconds. You will feel your ads, arms and legs working from the rocking, and your shoulders, glutes and abs will be working just from the plank too.

No comments:

Post a Comment