Saturday, January 24, 2015

Reset, Refresh or Cleanse? That is the question.

I am one of those people that NEEDS a good detox to really get over bad eating habits.  Lately, I have been doing Beachbody's 3 Day Refresh to combat that extra bloating and detox from the junk foods in my life.  It is actually a really great program because it forces you to stop the junk food COLD TURKEY, but it only lasts 3 days.  It is a very regimented, low calorie (but full of filling foods and shakes) eating plan designed to give you a quick refresh to your eating habits.  Every time I do this program, I find myself  down about 5 pounds, bloating gone, and I just FEEL healthier.
http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/3DayRefresh?referringRepId=263743


Last February, I did Beachbody's Ultimate Reset, and IT WAS AMAZING!!!  It is an extremely regimented 21 Day detox program.  You eat REAL food, and even though it is a lower calorie program, the food is FILLING!  Plus, it is fabulous for your emotional well being too - I had this amazing sense of calmness during the program.  I slept better, had more energy, and just felt REALLY good! This program is so regimented, that you know exactly what you are supposed to eat, how to prepare it, and when you are supposed to eat, drink and take supplements.  NO GUESS WORK!  My only struggle with this program was trying to feed my family, while I was eating way differently and on a different eating schedule.  My husband and kids were really helpful an pitched in to help with the cooking.  I actually broke through a huge plateau with this program, and dropped to my lowest weight (148 lbs) in over 15 years!!!  The best part of this program is that since you are restricted to certain foods, you HAVE to slowly reintroduce your regular healthy foods back into your daily routine...which means this program is really longer than 3 weeks ;).  This program is FABULOUS!!  It gave me such a better understanding of my eating habits and how to take better care of my body from the inside out.
http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/URComplete?referringRepId=263743


So, I am at that point again where I need to do something.  I have some events coming up in February that I want to look and feel good for.  I really want to do the Ultimate Reset.  However, with the craziness in our lives right now, I just don't think I could manage the regiment with a lot of unknowns going on.  As much as I like the 3 Day Refresh, I really need something that is going to keep me on track REALLY focused for a little longer than 3 days.  I have settled on an herbal cleanse - a simple plan of healthy fruits, veggies and lean meats that are good for cleansing the digestive system.   I am starting on Monday.  I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts and progress with you!

Curious, what is YOUR favorite detox plan?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment